SPRING AWAKENING YOGA RETREAT WITH ARGENTINA ROSADO & BRENDA UMANA
5 NIGHTS / 17TH - 22ND MARCH 2018
Join Argentina and Brenda for an unforgettable, spring-cleaning yoga retreat at the beautiful Apoyo Lagoon Natural Reserve in Nicaragua. Each day will be an opportunity to rejuvenate your mind, body, and soul. Experience daily yoga and meditation taught on a beautiful wooden platform overlooking the lagoon and its stunning views, healthy meals, desserts, herbal teas, massages, and so much more. Get ready to sweat, flow, breathe, and cleanse.
Discover the magic of Nicaragua, known for its jungle-clad beaches, majestic mountains, and volcanic landscapes. During this trip you will experience the best of Nicaragua by staying at the Apoyo Lagoon Natural Reserve Lodge, a truly sustainable health & wellness boutique hotel known for it’s mindful healing cuisine. Lake Apoyo is an ideal location to escape the daily distractions of city life and reacquire a connection with your true self in the stillness and tranquility that the nature reserve offers. The water of the lagoon is believed to have special healing properties and is coined as “the jewel of Nicaragua.”
Enjoy group excursions to explore the beauty of Nicaragua as well as other sources of inspiration such as swimming in the lagoon, stand-up paddle boarding, napping underneath a palm tree, hiking along the greenery, catching up on your reading, or simply connecting with nature once again.
Everyone is welcome! Solo travelers, couples, groups, and all levels of yoga experience. Apoyo translates to support- as you embark on this journey with us we will support one another to rediscover our true self.
“The perfect place to unplug from the outside world and plug-in to yourself”
*SPACE FOR THIS RETREAT IS LIMITED*
- 5 nights at Apoyo Lodge located on Laguna de Apoyo, Nicaragua. Single, double and triple occupancy available
- 3 nourishing plant-based meals per day made with fresh, local (organic when possible) ingredients (free of gluten, refined sugars and oils).
- 2 daily Yoga Classes taught by Argentina and Brenda
- 1 Themed workshop
- Day trip to San Juan del Sur, including lunch and 2hr surf lesson.
- Truffle Making Workshop
- Unlimited water, coconut water, herbal tea and bananas
- Round Trip Airport Transfer
- Daily cleaning service - all linens and beach towels provided
- All natural toiletry products made locally, free of chemicals.
- Wifi - though we recommend you log off, if possible
- Early Bird price (valid until 26th November 2017) - $1,595 USD per person, shared accommodation in double/twin or triple room.
- After Early Bird (valid after 26th November 2017) - $1,795 USD per person, shared accommodation in double/twin or triple room
- Single occupancy available upon request.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Flights to and from Nicaragua (fly into Managua Airport, MGA)
- Additional activities and food/drinks not listed above
- Travel Insurance (recommended)
- If you would like to extend your stay at Apoyo Lodge, please contact the lodge directly.
Argentina is a certified yoga instructor in NYC. Born in the Dominican Republic, she discovered yoga more than 12 years ago when she purchased a yoga DVD by Jennifer Kries shortly after arriving to the United States. She continued the practice of yoga and meditation as a means of dealing with stress and anxiety as she learned to cope with high school and cultural environment. Through years of practice and self-discovery, she decided to end her career in the pharmaceutical industry to pursue one in which she could help individuals find balance and healing using more natural and holistic approaches.
Argentina completed her 200-hour yoga teacher training at ISHTA Yoga with Yogiraj Alan Finger, senior yoga instructors Cassandra Ferland and Kelly Eudailey, and under the mentorship of Master yoga teacher Sarah Platt-Finger. Prior to her teaching path, she acquired a Masters degree in Business Strategy from New York University and certified as a Reiki Level II practitioner. Her mission as a yoga teacher is to help and inspire individuals to live a well balanced life, whether physically, mentally, or spiritually.
When she’s not teaching yoga, she enjoys spending time at the dog park with Rocky, her beloved, Rhodesian/Pitbull rescue pup. Argentina is also the co-founder of the Mencia Foundation, a nonprofit organization that provides school supplies and clothing to underprivileged children in Latin America; and is a former mentor/big sister for seriously emotionally and behaviorally troubled teenage girls at Germaine Lawrence in Arlington, MA.
Brenda stumbled upon yoga in a corporate onsite wellness class while working in the Financial District in San Francisco, CA. After each class, she felt this new window of awareness, after so many years feeling closed off with emotional distress. Ever since then, yoga is the highlight of her days.
After many attempts at different corporate jobs she is now a full-time yoga instructor in New York City and committed to making yoga accessible to everyone. Brenda’s signature style is an alignment-based Vinyasa class centered on clear verbal cues to encourage practitioners to explore different aspects of themselves whether that’s physical, mental or soulful. Our minds are so easily distracted and as an instructor she makes it her goal to move the body with the breath and therefore focus the mind. She is continually enhancing her knowledge by taking Yoga-Anatomy courses, traveling to India to deepen her understanding of Yoga Philosophy, workshops, Yoga podcasts, and exploring her own home practice. Brenda also holds a Masters of Public Health from Columbia University. When she is not teaching she is most likely enjoying some wine, curled up reading a book, or out for a jog around the city.