7 NIGHTS / 17th - 24th february 2018
Join Merav and special guest musician Yotam Silberstein for their first warm winter retreat in Nicaragua! Escape the cold winter and come recharge, renew and rejuvenate on the gorgeous grounds of Apoyo Lodge located on the shore of the Laguna de Apoyo. Surrounded by a tropical dry forest and the pristine and healing waters of the beautiful crater lake (coined as the cleanest water in the country and possibly the whole of Central America!) Apoyo Lodge make it a perfect place for yoga, hiking, swimming, meditation and deep relaxation! We will focus on restoring and centering the body and the mind.
This week will be a journey to finding profound peace inside and out by connecting to nature, breath, music and movement. This yoga retreat is open to all levels. Each practice will have a different theme that will guide you on your exploration on the mat. Our classes take place outside facing the lagoon and the mountains!
Every morning, Merav will offer an optional 1/2 hour pranayma and meditation practice for early birds. The first class of the day will be more vigorous. She will offer options for those of you who are newer to this practice or those of you who want to take it slower and plenty of challenges for those who would like to be challenged. The evening class will be gentle and restorative.
There will be a special musician guest on the retreat that will join for a class or two and accompany the class with live soft guitar and oud sounds. In these classes you will explore the connection between yoga, music and breath and use these tools to move into a deeper state of awareness and relaxation.
- 7 nights accommodation at the beautiful Apoyo Lodge. Each room has private bathroom and hot water.
- 2 extended yoga sessions daily (morning vigorous asana practice and evening gentle restorative and pranayama)
- Sunrise pranayama and meditation
- Extra yoga classes with live healing music by world renowned musician Yotam Silbertsetin
- All whole food plant based meals ( amazing food!)
- Tour of the colonial city of Granada and boat tour around Las Isletas in Lake Nicaragua.
- Tour of Masaya Artisan’s Market and Masaya Volcano National Park (look inside an active volcano!)
- Unlimited coconut water and herbal tea
- Roundtrip airport shuttle service
- Unlimited wifi ( but who needs it in heaven?;))
- Plenty of free time for hiking, taking a swim in the lake, having a massage or sitting in the hammock and absorbing the gorgeous views.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Flights to and from Nicaragua
- Additional snacks, juices and smoothies, or activities not listed above
- Double $1650 USD
- Single $2350 USD
Payment and cancellation policy: A non-refundable deposit of $600 is required to reserve your spot. The remaining balance will be due 60 days prior to departure. If cancellation takes place more than 60 days prior to our departure date any payments made will be refunded minus your deposit. If cancellation takes place between 30-45 days prior to our departure, 50% of the trip price will be forfeited. If cancellation takes place less than 30 days prior to our departure date, 100% of the trip price will be forfeited.
- If you would like to extend your stay at Apoyo Lodge, please check availability and prices.
YOUR HOST, MERav ben horin
Merav Ben-Horin is a yoga instructor, yoga therapist and psychotherapist based in NYC. She was a dancer for over 10 years and began practicing yoga in 2004 in tandem with her studies in psychology.Born out of her interest in human behavior and movement, Merav recognizes yoga as a tool for personal growth as well as a proven way to develop focus and mind/body awareness.
As a yoga instructor, Merav incorporates principles from her background in psychology. She strives to offer a safe, non-judgmental environment for students to explore their bodies, observe their minds and confront and overcome their fears, limitations, or obstacles both on and off the mat. Merav currently teaches groups and private classes all around NYC and leads yoga and meditation workshops and retreats worldwide. She also teaches workshops on yoga for emotional well being for mental health practitioners, yoga teachers and yoga students and offers private therapeutic yoga sessions for emotional balance at her West Village space.
As a psychotherapist, Merav also incorporates yoga into her work with patients by combining yogic principles in conjunction with talk therapy. She works with both groups and individuals who struggle with trauma, depression, anxiety, eating disorders and substance abuse. Merav has received extensive education and training in psychotherapy and contemporary psychoanalysis. She completed her B.A in psychology at Hunter College and received her graduate degree from NYU. She is currently in postgraduate psychoanalytic training and sees patients at the National Institute for the Psychotherapies.